I find this world of ours a very fascinating place. I'm interested in learning more about how it all works. Stories, shared information, and just good old discussion are great ways of accomplishing that and this blog is my attempt at doing just that.
10.04.2008
the burning of the heart
In many ways, fire represents life. For our earliest ancestors the benefits were very tangible. In modern terms fire may represent a more aesthetic pleasing element, perhaps even something spiritual. As living and breathing beings, humans are constantly pursuing the fire that thrives within their heart. It may be different for each individual, or some may share a similar fire that burns. Whatever it is, what burns in our heart will be reflected through our actions, our words, our life. I was challenged recently to truly discover what it is that my heart burns for, the reason I live. Though this may seem like quite a simple inquisition, it proves to be much more a haunting thought that requires contemplation. This is so because the answer to this question provides one with an honest assessment of where they stand in their personal growth. If people were honest with themselves, like I have attempted to be, they might find that seeking the answer to this question is a crucial piece to progressing on this journey and can be convicting. Fire consumes, and therefore what occupies our heart and burns there will permeate every aspect of our lives whether emotionally, physically, or spiritually. Fire also spreads, and everything within reach cannot help but become part of the fire. Sharing similar characteristics with fire, the desires of our hearts can obviously have incredible influence over others. The question I have posed for myself knowing the power of what burns in my heart is what has burned there, what will burn there, and for what purpose? Life is precious. Discover what truly burns in your heart and don't let it die out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment