3.26.2009

scotland

Tomorrow I will be embarking on an adventure that has been in the works for several months now. The land most well known for William Wallace, bagpipes, and the kilt will be my home for eight days, and more specifically the village of Lenzie. The purpose of this trip is to encourage local church members and community workers, hangout with the young people, and create solid relationships. Although these goals are consistent with each member of the group I will be going with, there are certain things I am personally looking forward to experiencing. First is the opportunity to see first hand how people in a different part of the world live and think. This will help me better understand the Scottish people, but will also provide me with valuable knowledge that I will be able to use in future travels and such. Second is the opportunity I will have to interact with the people, and therefore broaden my horizons in regards to how I perceive others and life in general.

Within the last year, I have been looking for ways to engage with the world in new and exciting ways. Although I have had many experiences during this time that would classify as such, this trip to Scotland truly takes my desire for engagement to a whole new level. I hope to be a blessing to those I come into contact with throughout this trip, but I know I will be blessed and that is what I am most excited about. Either during my time in Scotland or after I return to the States I will be writing about my experience and most likely posting pictures as well so stay tuned.

No comments: