6.04.2009

new places, new faces

When I first learned that I would be coming to Amsterdam, I was thrilled because I knew I would have many new experiences. Within four days of arriving, this has already become absolutely true.

During my short time here so far I have..

developed excellent power walking skills,
been to a church service near the Red Light District,
acquired a strong liking towards stroupwaffles,
learned how to say the Dutch alphabet,
participated in worship with people from six different continents,
discovered the joy of daily being in a hostel surrounded by people on a journey, like myself,
and have been reminded of how fruitful living in true community with others can be.

Each of these unique experiences has a unique story..and I have only been here four days. I am already beginning to understand how wonderful this opportunity of service is, and I look forward to the days ahead. Though I am still slightly suffering from 'jet lag', my spirit is energized and I feel alive. I am excited about sharing with you specific stories of encouragement, joy, heartache, and revelation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. We are all glad to hear how great it is and how great it is all going to be there. You should get on skype soon. Maybe we could set up a skype date....